Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Mini Chicken Pot Pie

One of mine and the HB's favorite meals is chicken pot pie.  My best friend gave me this recipe a couple of years ago and its just one of those really good comfort food meals.  I don't know about you but there's not many things much better than a hot chicken pot pie on a cold snowy night.  Yep, you heard me right.  Snow...in March... 

Ingredients
2 pie crust
1 can chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken
1 can cream of potato
2 chicken breasts
1 cup milk
3 tbsp cornstarch
1 veg all

Directions

Drain can of veg-all and put in the bottom of the pie crust.  Top with shredded chicken.  In a saucepan, mix cornstarch, "cream" of soups, chicken broth, and milk and heat until thick.  Pour over chicken and place other pie crust on top.  Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.  This filling makes enough for 2 pies. 



Normally I would just use a pie dish but tonight I was using leftover filling from the last time I made this and decided to make 4 mini chicken pot pies.

Note:  If you are trying to get away from all of the processed food here are some changes that you can make using items you probably already have in your kitchen.  

Make your own cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, and pie crust.






No comments :

Post a Comment